Southern Healthcare Specialists, located in Corrimal, strive to provide excellent quality care to the Illawarra in the areas of Paediatrics,/Feeding Clinic, specialised assessment for children who have suspected Autism Spectrum Disorder, Speech Pathology, Sleeping Difficulties, EEG clinic (for cases of suspected epilepsy, head injury, disorders etc), Occupational Therapy for kids and much more.
Please note that our paediatricians can see babies from approx. 4 weeks old.
Our range of specialist services for kids up to adults include:
- Developmental Paediatrics: We have 3 female developmental paediatricians including Dr Virginia Oliveira, Dr Moe Moe Thinn, and Dr
Martina Popelkova. They specialise in the diagnosis and management of development and behavioural disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD,
speech delay, childhood anxiety and much more.
- General Paediatrics: Our paediatricians also have appointments available for children who are sick, require specialist check-ups,
experiencing feeding issues, failure to thrive and much more.
- Sleep Paediatrics: Dr Catherine Jonas our paediatric sleep physician treats patients with sleeping difficulties, sleep apnoea, excessive
sleepiness, snoring, bed wetting, behavioural problems around bed times, and difficulties staying asleep.
- CHAMPS: Childhood Autism Multidisciplinary Private Service or CHAMPS offers a specialised assessment for children who have suspected
Autism Spectrum Disorder with the collaboration from a developmental paediatrician, clinical psychologist, neuropsychologist, speech pathologist,
occupational therapist, and social worker. This service is used particularly for subtle or complex cases of Autism.
- Occupational Therapy: Our occupational therapist Nadine Mackay assists children to reach their full potential. Her expertise include
the areas of sensory processing, handwriting and other fine motor skills, autism spectrum conditions, motor-planning or gross motor difficulties,
difficulties with attention, social skills and/or other developmental areas.
- Speech Pathology: Our speech pathologist Karen Morris has clinical expertise in the management of speech disorders, language disorders,
fluency, social skills and feeding problems.
- Paediatric Feeding Clinic: Having a child who does not feed well is a worrisome, frustrating, confusing and at times, medically concerning
problem. We, at Southern Healthcare Specialists, understand how complex feeding difficulties can be. Because of these complexities, we believe
it is important to look at the "whole" child and to assess as many of the possible contributing factors in a feeding problem through the use of
a Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team. Our Team is made up of a Developmental Paediatrician, an Occupational Therapist and a Speech Pathologist.
- EEG clinic: Our neuroscientist can perform EEGs in children of all ages as well as adults. EEGs are performed for cases of suspected
epilepsy, head injury, disorders affecting the central nervous system as well as many other conditions.
- Ear Nose and Throat: The ENT at Southern Healthcare Specialists treats both children and adult patients for conditions such as sleep
apnoea, recurrent tonsillitis, allergy, sinus disease, laryngology and voice disorders.
- Psychiatry: Dr Jacqueline Kaelle believes in individualised, well- rounded and holistic mental health care. She treats patients from
the age of 16 years and above and is interested in all aspects of mental health.
- Adult Sleep and Respiratory Medicine: If you are suffering from poor sleep, snoring, daytime sleepiness, insomnia, asthma, or other
sleep or respiratory issues we can help. We offer a range of sleep and respiratory services including consultations, sleep studies, CPAP titration
studies, daytime sleep studies for narcolepsy, respiratory testing and sleep therapy.
Rebates may apply to families, including Medicare, private health insurance and NDIS.
Southern Healthcare Specialists are open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm. Please call the clinic on 4252 7333 or email email@example.com for more information or to make an appointment.