Join us these School Holidays for spectacular science fun – online! Two weeks of interactive workshops, shows and family webinars to keep kids entertained, energized and engaged during the lockdown break!
Interactive STEM Workshops
Starting Monday 20 September, join us for a different hands-on STEM activity each weekday morning
via Zoom. Only $7 per session!
N.B. Workshops recommended for ages 6-12 with an accompanying adult. You will be able to find most materials in your pantry or craft cupboards at home or purchase on your regular supermarket shop.
- ROCKET ACADEMY - Calling all junior astronauts! Join us as we design and launch three incredible rockets using simple items from around
the house. Are you ready to blast off?
- TOY HACKING - Imagine you are the first kids living on the Moon! Join us as we take apart ‘space junk’ and repurpose it into weird
and wonderful franken-toys. Get your tools ready as we learn about sustainability in outer Space!
- LEGO MOON MISSION - Attention all LEGO masters! Design the ultimate LEGO Moon base and test to see if it can survive the effects of
a moon-quake or meteorite impact! Are you up for the challenge?
- GALAXY ART - Create some amazing glittery artworks that are out of this world! Combining science with art, together we will explore
galaxies, constellation patterns and learn why stars are different colours!
- SPACE SLIME - Back by popular demand! Invent three different slimy concoctions inspired by our Universe. Are you ready to get gooey?
‘Out of this World’ Webinar series
Come and explore other worlds with well-known experts in science and astrophysics in a LIVE
Q&A via zoom. Get your curly science questions at the ready for some family science fun! Bookings essential.
Under the Stars
Aliens and other Worlds
- Q&A with Dr Helen Maynard-Casely, planetary scientist from ANSTO
- Wednesday 22nd September, 6pm
- BOOK NOW!
- Q&A with Professor Lisa Harvey-Smith, award-winning astrophysicist and author
- Wednesday 29th September, 6pm
- BOOK NOW!
FREE Science Shows!
- Tuesdays and Thursday are for FREE spectacular science shows! LIVE streamed on Facebook at 1pm. No bookings required.
- Liquid Nitrogen – Tuesday 21 September 1-1.30pm
- Solar System Expedition live – Thursday 23 September 1-1.30pm
- Physical Phenomena – Tuesday 28 September 1-1.30pm
- Bubbleology – Thursday 30 September 1-1.30pm
About Science Space!
Science Space is the only dedicated science experience in NSW and is a place where anyone, young and old, can come and see how science and technology discoveries have become reality. It is a place to be inspired about what the future holds and empowered to help change it for the better.
Science Space is the proud home of the DIGISTAR 6, Australia’s #1 most digitally advanced Planetarium. The 4k laser projection system is a first
for Australia and allows the public to experience science and technology like never before. CLICK HERE to learn more about Science Space!